Account Suspension FBM
My account for Fulfillment by Merchant was suspended in 2017 due to a high cancellation rate and late shipment rate. I am still doing FBA. I have a new warehouse and inventory system so I wanted to appeal the suspension. My appeal was rejected. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
Thank you for your reply. I have included greater detail below:
– Greater detail on the root causes of buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders.
- We had a high cancellation rate. We sold one off books were being sold through multiple channels, eBay and Amazon. Our inventory system was not fast enough to change the quantity available when an item was sold on eBay before being sold on Amazon. As a result, when a book was sold on Amazon shortly after being sold on eBay, we did not have it in stock and cancelled the order.
- We had a high late shipment rate. At the time, we were in a 150 square foot office. The clutter in our office made it difficult to find items, leading to shipping delays. This was compounded by only having two- part time employees managing all aspects of the business. As a result, we only conducted shipping two days per week and we were not able to ship fast enough for some orders resulting in a high late shipment rate.
– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders.
- To resolve buyers not receiving orders, we issued full refunds as quickly as possible. All orders that were not received were refunded.
- To resolve buyers receiving late items, we offered discounts or refunds as requested.
- These problems occurred over two years ago and all customers have been refunded. We do not have any customer complaints currently as seen in the screenshot attached.
– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders going forward.
We have taken many steps to ensure the cancellation rate and late shipment rate remain at zero.
- We have dedicated inventory only for sale on Amazon. Items to be sold on Amazon will not be sold on any other channels. This will eliminate double sales on items.
- We no longer sell one off items. All of our items are purchased in batches to ensure we will not run out of stock.
- We have regularly scheduled inventory shipments occurring twice per month. With these shipments, and dedicated inventory only for Amazon, we will have no cancelations.
- We have a dedicated, full time shipping staff. We have three full time employees devoted to shipping. We now conducting shipping every day.
- We now have a 2250 square foot warehouse with proper shelving and systems and labeling to find inventory. We will not have trouble locating inventory in our office which will remove the shipping delay. These measures will eliminate late shipments.
Please let me know what additional information I can provide.