Advice for a beginner
I want a job in the next years which makes me a bit more indipendent. Like not driving every day to an office or the oppotunity to work from a different country … I hope you understand and sorry for my bad english, not native.
Shortly about me: mid 30s, married, employed and working in the affiliate industry since 12 years already. Always as a BizDev manager or as currently key account manager. Always taking care of partners, clients and managing the daily stuff (technical integration, reportings, billing, …). So I know a bit how things are wokring in this field, but I was never an affiliate or a media buyer. If important, living in Germany and planning for the German market.
So I came across Amazon (FBA) and getting nice products from the other side of the world, give them a nice look and feel and sell them for a good price on Amazon. Sounds like a nice idea, I’m open to spend time and money on this but I’m unsecure about the general start!
- Is there something a like group where I can have a regular exchange?
- Where can I find good lecture in the internet? Want to learn more about the basics about selling on Amazon.
- Any YT channel recommended? A bit afraid of all those “gurus” and hard to identify the good ones
- Should I use FBA from the beginning or get the first products to me and do the packaging by myself? To learn the process and all the stuff around. Just to get to know every aspekt of this business – pro’s/con’s?
- Any general advice for me? 😉
I already read a lot, watched a lot and finding a product will be the main part here, but I think I can manage this one. So I invested already quite some time to do some research. I dont need a step by step list, but maybe if some can share important things you will do usually wrong in the beginning – this could save me some money and others as well. Also I feel more confident if there would be the opportunity to have a regular exchange about the progress and all the questions that will pop up during the launch of the first product.
Thanks a lot,