High Shipping and Freight costs right now!!! CHINA>USA(LA)
Hi everyone thank you for your time,
Trying to find shipping for my first product but I’m finding the quotes to be extremely high at the minute because of the strain caused by the Pandemic.
CHINA (Shanghai) > USA (LA)
50 cartons @ 9k each and the dimensions are normal (38x41x61)
I was quoted from two different companies approx $1500 for LCL sea shipping with insurance
That’s approximately $1.5 per lb or £2.2 per kg
The usual price of shipping is approx 60c per lb or 80p per kg
I just have a few questions?
– Are you finding prices extremely high?
– Are you just taking the hit on shipping and opting for lower margins to keep stock flowing?
– What shipping companies and freight forwarders would you recommend?
– Any idea when prices will normalize?
– Could you point me in the direction of any groups or resources that would help me with this?
Thank you for reading this and any help would be massively appreciated!