Getting ready to ship my first order, but Spring Festival is in a couple weeks – really need help with some logistics issues!
So my very first order is in production and will be ready by February 5. Yesterday, my supplier just sent me sample photos of my product along with my brand name on its packaging so that I can get past the “Error 5665” code when trying to make a listing. Unfortunately, Amazon’s customer service seems to be non-existent and I’m still waiting on a reply back to solve this issue so that I can finally make my listings and receive the reference and shipment IDs.
I’m planning on using Freightos to book my pickup and their platform says that they are open to pick up shipments until February 9. That said, my supplier contacted me and said that it’s pretty much not possible to arrange a pickup for Feb 8 as shipping is tight in China and all shipping logistic services will not be operating.
She says “If you don’t arrange it now, I don’t think you can receive the order on Feb 8. In a few days, there will be no cars in the logistics and your goods will not be delivered to the port. If you don’t believe it, you can contact the freight forwarder of the shipping company to ask about the situation.”
My supplier also adds, “What I don’t understand now is, why do you need me to book shipping space and customs declaration for you, because my other customers and freight forwarders are all designated by them, but I still need to declare and book shipping space, so I don’t understand.” Is she the one who books shipping space and customs declarations, or is the freight forwarder who is booked by Freightos the one who handles that?
First time doing this and I understand I’m in a time crunch (the idea to start FBA came around new years), so can anyone help me out in understanding the situation? Should I still book with Freightos to pickup the shipment on Feb. 8 or should I just wait until after Spring Festival? I’m super confused because of this time crunch I know nothing about, so any help would be great thanks!