The Importance of Self-Awareness – Life Lessons for Entrepreneurs – 231
The one thing that might be most helpful to every entrepreneur is sometimes the most difficult to learn. It’s not something that you can understand by working longer hours, sleeping less, or assuming more responsibility.
If anything, it might help if the entrepreneur makes a point of working less, sleeping more and learns to delegate.
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan welcomes someone who made his way through many different e-commerce selling channels before finding his sweet spot, representing other brands.
Nick Shucet is the CEO and Founder of Romans Tide, a full-service, results-driven Amazon Brand Management Agency dedicated to helping brands maximize their sales potential in the Amazon marketplace.
Nick says that it was after falling asleep at the wheel on the way home from an unloved job, that he decided that he needed to change course. He says that understanding the value of failures fueled his rise in e-commerce and allowed him to grow as a businessman AND a human being.
Later, after finding himself in a position to scale up, it was a solid set of standard operating procedures that helped create a solid foundation for growth.
Nick says that success quickly followed his better understanding of the value of self-awareness.
After that, it was smooth sailing.
In episode 231 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Nick discuss:
- 03:45 – Falling Asleep at the Wheel
- 06:15 – Viewing Failures as Lessons
- 08:30 – Having a Plan is Crucial
- 10:00 – Wanting to Learn More than Where to Put a Comma
- 13:30 – Becoming the Right Person
- 14:00 – Effortlessly Making Money was a Great Feeling
- 16:00 – Nick’s Journey Through the Selling Platforms
- 19:30 – Shifting from His Own Products to Managing Brands
- 21:30 – Life Lessons from E-Commerce
- 24:00 – E-Com Tools, Finding Good People and Replacing Yourself
- 28:00 – Self-Awareness Comes First
- 31:45 – Procedures and SOPs Help Create a Business Structure
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
The post The Importance of Self-Awareness – Life Lessons for Entrepreneurs – 231 appeared first on AM/PM Podcast.